Fostering a Strong, Competitive Business Climate
The JCBL will advocate for:
- Creating new, and defending existing, tax incentives for economic development and urban renewal in Jefferson County, including the jobs tax credit, tax increment financing and other important tools.
- Regulatory reform to reduce unnecessary, redundant, inefficient or costly regulatory burdens and create a more predictable business climate.
- Educational outreach by regulators, rather than an over-reliance on penalties, for first-time violations of new or existing rules.
- A more robust cost-benefit approach to all new regulations and opposition to unreasonable or costly new regulatory mandates.
- A balanced litigation environment where business owners don’t live under continual threat of meritless lawsuits from employees or plaintiffs looking to force a quick settlement.
- Maintaining the current stability of the employer-employee relationship in labor law.
- Legislation that ensures a competitive, viable, affordable and accessible health care system and opposition to mandates or other legislation that creates additional expense and burden on employers and employees who pay for that system.
- Pro-energy development policies for both traditional and non-traditional resources.