The JCBL will advocate for:
- Short, medium and long-term funding solutions for multi-modal transportation and infrastructure improvements to reduce congestion and ensure proper maintenance.
- Funding transportation and infrastructure first through existing General Fund revenues, as do most other states.
- After investing existing revenue in infrastructure, seeking new sources of transportation and infrastructure funding, including but not limited to:
- Tax increment financing
- Regional transportation funding mechanisms
- A reasonable increase in the state sales or gas tax for transportation
- Bonding against future revenue to jump start transportation improvements earlier.
- The funding for regional multi-modal transportation projects in or near Jefferson County to ease congestion and maintain existing infrastructure.